You never leave your pet behind? ASL AIRLINES FRANCE welcomes it aboard too!
Our company meets the requirements set by IATA for the transportation of live animals, domestic or non-domestic. These requirements are defined by IATA LIVE ANIMAL REGULATIONS which come out every year.
To carry out all the formalities regarding your pet, please check-in at least 90 minutes before the scheduled time of departure.
The transportation of dogs, cats and other pets is allowed after the airline’s approval and only if the following rules are observed:
In the cargo hold:
- Pets must be conveniently placed in an appropriate carrying case of a “vari kennel” type, equipped with an absorbent material (blanket or carpet). Your pet should be able to stand there and move around. This case should have at least two opposite perforated sides to allow for air circulation. For dogs and cats with flat noses (such as Shar-Peis, Pugs, Bulldogs …), a carrying case with 4 ventilation sides is required.
- They must be accompanied by all necessary documents, such as health and vaccination certificates (a blood test for rabies must be made three months before returning to France) and entry or transit certificates. For more information, please contact your travel agent*. They must also be tattooed or have an electronic identification chip (microchip). If one of these conditions is not met, your pet will not be allowed to travel.
- The birds must be accompanied by certificates depending on their origin and destination. France requires a test for avian flu and Newcastle disease.
The cargo hold is lit, ventilated, heated and pressurized.
In the cabin:
- Dogs and cats of a very small size are allowed in the cabin, provided that the container (kennel or pet carrier) is closed and has the size of a normal hand luggage; the sum of three dimensions (width + length + height) must never exceed 124 cm.
- The weight of the animals transported in the cabin must not exceed 9 kg, including container.
- They must be accompanied by all necessary documents, such as health and vaccination certificates (a blood test for rabies must be made three months before returning to France) and the entry or transit certificates. For more information, please check with your travel agent*. They must also be tattooed or have an electronic identification chip (microchip). If any of these conditions is not met, your pet will not be allowed to travel.
- Pets over 9 kg, with the exception of guide dogs (see Section “People with disabilities and reduced mobility“), must travel in the cargo hold (which is pressurized, heated, ventilated and lit).
Your pet and its container are considered as extra baggage you should pay for, and are subject to the tariffs for the transportation of animals established by our Company.
Pets not permitted to travel in the cargo hold or in the cabin
- The dogs of the first category and such breeds as Staffordshire Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier (Pit Bulls), Mastiff (Boer bulls), and Tosa are not allowed in the cabin.
- The transportation of protected species requires the submission of duly completed CITES documents.
- The importation of primates is prohibited in France.
You will find all the formalities required for the journey of your pet on the website of the Ministry of Agriculture.
Failure to follow these rules will result in the return of the animal to the country of origin and placing it into quarantine. In some cases due to infection, suspected virus or injury, euthanasia will be required as per French regulation.